Sunday, October 7, 2012

Falling

 
Ok, this is just a short post!  I just had to try to capture our beautiful fall colors here in the western slope of Colorado!  My leaves are Kraft Glassine (Tim Holtz) sprayed with Ranger Color Wash which I hand rubbed (messy) into the glassine.  The Paper was previously stamped with a world map stamp using archival black.  I was absolutely thrilled with the color variations!  I then sprayed the sheet generously with sunflower Perfect Pearls in water.  The effect is really not captured here very well---you must try it to appreciate how beautiful it really is!

My butterfly was stamped in archival black and heat embossed using ultra-fine embossing powder.  I colored him in with Distress Markers and sealed with Plaid-Liquid Embossing product.  I really like how well this goes on and stays in place.  I think I need to enter this in the Simon Says Stamp and Show leaf-spiration challenge :-)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely tag, the leaves are gorgeous and look so textural. Love the warm autumnal tones and the mini tags with the lettering. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather...wow, you certainly have captured the autumnal colours so well. I love the depth and texture also. A really terrific tag.
    Dotx

    ReplyDelete