Sunday, October 7, 2012

Cherish Peace


 This tag was inspired by the Simon Says Stamp and Show! challenge for this week "leaf-spiration".  This turned out to be one of those projects where the embellishment created the card!  I wanted to think of the very last days of fall when we transition into winter.  The last leaves are still falling and the very first snowflakes start to appear. 
















The leaves are Tim's Kraft Glassine that was stamped with a music themed stamp and black archival ink.  They were then distressed with walnut stain Distressed Inks.  I crushed the leaves and sprayed with a mist of water to allow the stain to run into the creases.  I then dried them with my craft dryer.  Distress Stain metallics were put on my non-stick craft sheet and the leaves dipped into the mix and dried again x 3.  I liked the effect because it reminded me of frost.

 The background is a manilla tag altered with stormy sky, broken china and  frayed burlap Distress Stains.  I misted the card and dried it to allow the colors to blend.  I then distressed the card with pumice stone and vintage photo from the Distress Ink line.  The swirl stamp is from the Tim Holtz collection using walnut stain Distress Ink and sprayed moderately with Perfect Pearls, biscotti.  My little snowflakes are heat embellished with Perfect Pearls copper mixed with UTEE,  I love this technique!!  As always, thank you for stopping by, and please contact me if you have any questions :-)
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment