Monday, July 9, 2012

Sunny Side Up!

I made this card for the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge this week "layered".  I am really into chipboard right now and just got a new bunch that I was anxious to try.    The card was colored with Distress stains and inks.  Because the flowers are so "busy", I was a little nervous about adding too much to the background as far as stamps, but I think it all balanced out just right! A blend of Tim Holtz and Prima stamps were used.  I really liked the vibrant colors and look forward to doing more pieces in the brighter tones.  Maybe some Dylusions sprays next?!

Ranger's Distress, Clear Rock Candy was applied to the chipboard.  The pieces were then stained with Distress Stains and topped off with Claudine Hellmuth's Multi Medium, gloss.  I find that the crackle holds up a little better and takes on more depth with that final layer. As the card was constructed, the flowers were set at different heights with foam adhesive mini circles by Recollections.


To Finish off the card, clear, acrylic gems were added to the center of the flowers.  I apologize for the super sunny picture, but I just had to show off the depth of the gems.  Great ideas for future cards are forming.........

Thank you for stopping by!!

Heather

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous tag - love the flowers and the bright colours - lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon says Stamp & Show.
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colours on those flowers, the crackle looks wonderful!! Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!!! the Simon Says Stamp & Show design team thanks you for participating in this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers....and so much fab texture! I love the rays in the background! Eye candy tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these happy colors! It just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete