Sunday, October 14, 2012

Forest Secrets


 This is a creation I made today for Simon Says Stamp and Show! challenge this week "Rustification".  This was a really exciting project for me because I was able to use several new items in the layout as well as practice some new techniques I've learned. 

The background paper is a beautiful hand-made mulberry paper with leaves and grasses in embedded in the paper.  I recently acquired a full set of Adirondack Color Wash so I was anxious to try them on the paper.  I was thrilled with the color!  I further distressed the paper with some dripped and splattered water for a anged, washed effect.

Love, Wish, Dream is of course a Tim Holtz stamp!  A piece of chipboard was inked with Distress Ink, both walnut stain and frayed burlap.  I heat embossed with UTEE twice and stamped the still soft UTEE with the stamp.  At first I didn't like the relief so I re-heated for the final effect.. 


The florals of course are from Tim's Sizzix die, tattered florals die.  I sprayed kraft glassine with my favorite colors of Color Wash, hand rubbed the color in.  I dried the ink and then sprayed with Perfect Pearls and water.  This is one of my "new" favorite techniques!
 Now for the "rustification" part.  The clock is done using acrylic paints, modeling paste and a dry brushing technique to imitate rust.  This is the same technique I have learned and showcased in my "My Secret Book" post.  Please visit that post for more information.

Thanks again for stopping by, and as always, let me know if you have any questions.

Heather



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful background effect adding the distress inks over the gorgeous paper. Love the rich fall colors you blended along with the clock and flowers! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzanne! It's always fun posting on Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete