Sunday, August 19, 2012

Reality Check Please

Once in while (OK, a lot!) I have too much fun making a creation.  When Simon Says Stamp! put a challenge out to create something with my favorite technique, I did!  I started out with my favorite background-technique using the Gelli Arts printing plate to create a monoprint using acrylic paints.  I love this process because it can produce a primary print and then a second generation print that has beautiful results. This is a second generation print.  It's also really messy, which is half of the fun!!!!

Next came the really fun part.  Using chipboard, I painted the two hearts with
bright-red acrylic paint.  Once this dried, I used the Ranger Perfect Medium embossing pad on the pieces and sprinkled with a very fine, light sprinkle of red glitter, covered with UTEE and heated.  I then repeated the Perfect medium, glitter and UTEE two more times.  This gave beautiful depth.  The glasses are from Studio 490, Wendy Vecchi's collection (don't you just love her style?). The glasses were filled with a thick layer of Glossy accents, painted white with acrylic paint and topped off with Stickles, Crystal color.  Before this dried, I set google eyes into the mix.  I couldn't help but giggle the whole time this was drying.

The metal flowers on the bottom are from Momenta.  They are producing some wonderful metal embellishments, of course called---Metal.  I love the detail on the stamped images and they even have a frosted appearance.  The flowers and the little metal crown were painted using Vintaj Patina.  Great paint to work with.  The lovely peacock feather was "donated" by one of our fabulous peacocks here on Little Bear Ranch. (We raise mostly chipmunks)  Thanks for stopping by!!!

Too Much FUN!!


1 comment:

  1. Very fun card! Love the gelli plate background and the details are lovely! Glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete