Sunday, July 29, 2012

Girlie Girl

I really had to reach outside of my comfort zone on this posting.  The topic is for the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge "Hey Girl"  I am not really what most would call a "girlie" girl.  What did inspire me was thinking of my gal pals and how we stay in touch, which is usually by phone since we all live fairly far apart.  So our "hot lines"really are our phones!  I have this little chipboard phone I have been dying to use, and this was the perfect chance!

The background is a pretty aqua mulberry paper which was embossed with one Tim Holtz's creative embossing folders.  The folder was stained with Frayed Burlap Distress Stain first. 




The little chipboard phone is actually a three piece phone.  The phone itself was stained with Black Soot  Distress Stain, and then heat embossed with black embossing powder.  The two inner rings were heat embossed with a mixture of Ultra Thick Embossing Powder and Perfect Pearls gold and pewter.  That's a fun technique and produces really nice results.


To finish this little card off I made some tissue tape flowers from Recollections craft tape and colored one of them with Worn Lipstick, Distress Ink.  They each have a brad placed in the middle and some pretty, hot-pink frilly yarn around.  To balance this out I applied some matching buttons on the side.  The XOXOX is applied using a clear epoxy sticker with a Perfect Pearls misted stamp, done in archival ink.  The Epoxy helps magnify the pearl effects nicely. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my Girlie Phone!

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Your card is really cute! I really like that chipboard phone, too. And I like your backgorund behind the phone. Very nice design. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your inspiration for this piece - and the direction you took the challenge. Also so glad you explained all you did, and that great use of perfect pearls powder (don't you love that stuff?!) really makes it shine. I think the glossy raised look on the phone really is my favorite detail though - but I love it all! Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete