Tuesday, July 3, 2012

 
Grow Where You Are Planted!

This has been the hottest summer I can remember here in Colorado!  I think the summer colors of dried grasses, sun and ripening peaches are what inspired me to do this card.  The manilla tag is colored with some of my favorite Distress inks, Scattered Straw, Tea Dye and Spiced Marmalade.  The paper was then lightly spritzed with Perfect Pearls and water and dried.


The butterfly picture was taken from Luna Girl Images CD "Vintage Can and Crate Labels".  I love this CD, it has so many beautiful, vintage images from old cans, cookbooks and produce crates.  I printed my selection on regular printer paper.  A clear epoxy square was then mounted over the picture and the back was moistened with water.  I then rubbed, (carefully!) the paper backing off to leave the image behind while allowing some of the image to be removed to the point of being transparent to reveal the card under the image.

The metal heart is from the Prima metal embellishments collection.  I colored the charm with Ranger alcohol inks in earth tones, and a hint of gold.  The flowers are also from the Prima collection and mounted on foam adhesive circles to help pop them off the page. 

The butterfly in the upper right was stamped with Ranger Archival black on watercolor paper with an unknown stamp I purchased from a grab-bag collection.  I then embossed with black embossing powder and colored in the butterfly with Perfect Pearls copper and vintage gold.  The iridescent colors are beautiful in the sun :-)

Thank you for stopping by!
Heather

4 comments:

  1. This background is so darn fabulous!!! Love the script, color, texture, and spots in it!!! The butterfly charm is lovely as well...really looks elegant and a great contrast on the grungy and vintage tag! The whole design is fabulous! This tag is eye candy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This tag is gorgeous! Love the background with all the great texture. And you used one of my favourite sentiments, and the angle in which you placed it is so great. Love the butterfly too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this alot, very pretty - great background and sentiment and embellishments.

    xo, Kristina
    Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
    Come by and see me sometime!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutly gorgeous. Love the colours and all the bits and pieces on your tag.(:o) We are still waiting for a litte bit of summer...maybe you had it all..so there's nothing left for us?*lol* Thanks for your nice comment on my blog
    xo Elly

    ReplyDelete