Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bigger Paper Please!


We need bigger paper!  I finally bought myself an art journal.  Tags are tons of fun, but sometimes there just isn't enought room to fit my ideas in!  I used one of my favorite mulberry papers for this and embossed it using a Cuttlebug embossing plate.  I then mounted it on the journal page that had been Distressed inked with Dried Marigold and Frayed Burlap. 




This was also a great chance to try out my new Xyron tool.  The "flowers" are simple chipboard with Xyron adhesive and a pretty little vellum papers over the chipboard.  The edges were trimmed, sanded and stained.  Butterscotch, alcohol inks were then used to distress the paper and each piece was the further distressed with a different color of Distress inks.  A little bling was added at the bottom to dress ithis up a little.  Lots of fun !  I will be posting this to Simon Says Stamp's "No Rules" challenge.  See you there :-)
Thanks for stopping by!
Heather

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous idea embossing mulberry paper, looks fabulous and gives great texture. Love the flower and hearts. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete